Ann & Stevo’s Chinese Winter Wedding
Even -35 degrees can’t stop a perfect wedding day
You read that right! It was a toe freezing -35 and when you want to get that winter wonderland look, going outside is a must and boy am I glad we did. Photographs in the snow turned out amazing and we made sure we had all the proper gear to keep toes and fingers from freezing. An amazing team brought the whole day together and see their vendors after the jump!
We asked Ann + Stevo to tell us a bit about how they felt on their wedding day:
- What was your most anticipated part of the day
For both of us it was our vows – we were both excited to share with each other the vows we had written and share in that moment with our loved ones.
- Did anything unexpected happen? What was the outcome?
One of our photo locations fell through, but Kaela and Elijah were amazing and found gorgeous outdoor locations for us to do our photos!
- What ended up being your favourite part of the day?
We can’t pick a favourite! Highlights were the beautiful outdoor photos we took, the amazing speeches, toasting the tables, and our friends and family lighting up the dance floor.
- In your own words describe how you felt during the most special moments of the day. IE: Getting ready, during the ceremony, right before you said “I do”
There were so many moments where it felt like there was just the two of us in the room – it was really special to just know in that moment that we were there for each other.
- What was your wedding inspiration?
We wanted to follow the traditional Chinese wedding colours – red and gold!
- What song did you walk down the aisle to?
An instrumental version of “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz.
- What song played for your first dance?
“Head Over Boots” by Jon Pardi.
- How did you feel at the end of the day?
Exhausted! But so grateful to everyone who helped make our wedding day as wonderful as we could have imagined.
- What advice would you give to future couples for their wedding?
Don’t sweat the small stuff and enjoy the day.
- What did you like most about working with us on your wedding day?
Your positivity and dedication to doing such a wonderful job!
- Florist Two Sisters
- Cake Artist The LakeHouse BonaVista https://lakehousecalgary.com/
- Band / DJ Outright Entertainment http://www.outrightentertainment.com
- Makeup Artist Anita http://www.trinityhairmakeup.ca/#!/|home|
- Hair Stylist Gail http://www.trinityhairmakeup.ca/#!/|home|
- Officiant Judy Wiltse http://www.vowsbyjudy.ca/
- Catering The LakeHouse BonaVista https://lakehousecalgary.com/
- Bride’s Dress The Bragging Bride http://thebraggingbride.ca/
- Stationary Magnet Street https://www.magnetstreet.com/
- Rings Kline Fine Jewellery & Design http://www.klinejewellers.com/
- Photography K&E Imaging www.kandeimaging.com
- Getting Ready Venue The Fairmont Palisser