Avi & Laurie’s Calgary Engagement Session
It’s great to get outside while the sun in shining! Avi and Laurie wanted a laid back and relaxed engagement session here in the city. We have so many beautiful parks and this time we visited Sandy Beach for the first time. There were plenty of family BBQ’s, kids playing, people walking their dogs, and finding a parking spot was HARD!
It was so relaxed and so many great spots, not to mention all of the pollen coming off of the trees!
Here is a bit about Laurie & Avi <3 We can’t wait for their wedding coming up so soon!
- Tell us where and when you first met (from each of your point of views)
We met through mutual friends. Laurie came back to Calgary from university in Ottawa. I had moved to Calgary 5 years before that. We ended up having the same social circle.
- Tell us about your first date. Where? When? What did you feel?
We went to Earls and just enjoyed chatting and getting to know each other.
- When did you know your fiance was the one? Details please!
We settled into our relationship very effortlessly. Neither of us had experienced a relationship like this in the past, so this was new & exciting.
- When did you get engaged?
Dec 16, 2017
- Tell us about the proposal (from your own point of view) Details please! (we’re sappy for this stuff)
We were in Banff as was our custom for the weekend of Hanukkah. On Saturday morning Laurie said we were going to Norquay to go tubing but then drove to a helicopter pad in Canmore. Because it was a blue sky and no wind day, we went close to the mountains and even between some peaks. We landed on a piece of land that bridged the BC-Alberta border for a chance to play in the snow. On the way back down Laurie pulled out a box, opened it, and presented me with a ring. Did he go down on one knee? Nope, he was strapped into a helicopter. Did Laurie say something mushy or even ask me to marry him? Nope, couldn’t hear him, the helicopter is very loud. Yup, just the right amount of romance for us.
- What do you do together for fun? Watch sports? Drink coffee? Play games? Cook? Movies? Workout? etc…
We like to ski, go for drives, and just hang out. I know, not that exciting, but it works for us.
- What is your favourite kind of wine?
I like wine, I’m not picky which kind. Laurie is more of a beer guy.
- What are your favourite snack foods?
Um, all of them!
- If you were to have a “ME” day, what 3 things would you do for yourself?
Sleep, eat, watch tv.
- What’s one thing you think we should know about you that has defined who you are today?
We are both playful/immature. Meaning we don’t take things too seriously. 🙂
- What 3 qualities best describe your fiance?
Funny, helpful, cute
- What would your fiance say are your best 3 qualities?
friendly, compassionate, helpful
- Tell us about your personal style. Are you modern, vintage, romantic, trendy, athletic, etc…
Simple, easy going.
- What are you most looking forward to about your wedding day?
Celebrating with friends & family.