Chelsea & Christian’s Calgary Wedding
I can’t help falling in love with these two
I can’t express my love of these two enough! Their October wedding was something that was made for them and their family and friends. I love it when that is the main goal of a couple getting married is how they can interact and be with the people they love most.
- What was your most anticipated part of the day
Christian – Seeing Chelsea walk down the isle. Any anxieties or worries disappeared as soon as I saw her coming towards me, and I knew nothing could go wrong as long as I had her with me. Chelsea – Christian is my person. I was most excited to have my person with me on the biggest day of our lives. I was so nervous and excited but the second we made eye contact at the front, he took my hand and smiled. My person was there and all was right.
- Did anything unexpected happen? What was the outcome?
Chelsea – I went into this wedding with the mindset that you have to go with the flow, or otherwise, you would be too stressed out to enjoy the day. If anything unexpected did happen, I honestly didn’t really notice because I was enjoying the day with my new husband and our whole family there. Christian – I can’t recall any specifics, but if anything unexpected that did happen was just a plus to an amazing day. It was a welcome addition and a pleasant surprise.
- What ended up being your favourite part of the day?
Chelsea – Besides the ceremony (of course), taking pictures with the wedding party. It was a time for us to goof off after the anticipation of the day. Christian – The ceremony was my favourite by far. Mostly due to the fact that Chelsea and I felt like we were the only ones in the room.
- In your own words describe how you felt during the most special moments of the day. IE: Getting ready, during the ceremony, right before you said “I do”
Chelsea – Butterflies.. always. But I couldn’t stop smiling as I was way too excited. It was me and the love of my life, and nothing else really mattered. Christian – The feeling of getting ready was a pre-game situation. I was in the zone and more focused on my excitement of the upcoming ceremony. Once at the ceremony was just a constant lead-up-drum-roll in my mind. But then once Chelsea and I were together and about to say “I do” it was smooth as silk. I was so calm and at ease. It’s like she and I had done it a million times. It felt right and normal.
- What was your wedding inspiration?
Chelsea – I think I went with the term “understated elegance”. Simple, beautiful, and of course any bride uses Pinterest as an inspiration. Christian – The wedding of Superheroes.
- What song did you walk down the aisle to? You are mine
- What song played for your first dance? Elvis Presley – Can’t help falling in Love. (But most importantly it was sung by a family member)
- How did you feel at the end of the day?
Chelsea – Very tired, nd couldn’t stop smiling. In all honesty, I was a little sad that the day flew by so quickly. I had so much fun planning the day, and the day was so amazing in itself I wanted to do it all over again.
- What advice would you give to future couples for their wedding?
Chelsea – Be flexible with your plans, and go with the flow. If not, you would be more stressed out about throwing the “perfect wedding” rather than what the day actually means. Christian – Don’t get caught up with everyone’s input and the hype. You want to respect everyone’s opinions, but at the end of the day, you have to do what is right by both you and your partner.
- What did you like most about working with us on your wedding day? Honestly, what was there not to like!? You were an absolute blast to work with as you let us show our goofy and quirky sides. You let us be ourselves, and you can really feel the emotions captured in the pictures.
Oh my goodness that was a ride right?!
Did I mention their hashtag was #badpunsandfingerguns
Here is some of their amazing vendors that helped with this fantastic wedding day
|Decorator||Decor and More.||http://www.decorandmore.com/|
|Florist||Jorden Liteplo (wedding party bouquets)|
|Cake Artist||Tiffany Lucarelli|
|Band / DJ||DJ Gordon Mclaren||https://twitter.com/dialadisco|
|Makeup Artist||Trena Laine||https://www.trenalaine.com/|
|Hair Stylist||Hammerheadz Salon|
|Officiant||Deacon John Walsh|
|Catering||Rocky Mountain BBQ||https://rockymountainbbq.ca/|
|Bride’s Dress||Blissful Bridal||https://blissfulbridal.ca/|
|Groom’s Suit||Groomsman – The Bridal Center||https://www.bridalcentre.com/|